Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- The beautiful tree across the street that has suddenly turned a stunning shade of red
- Kai curled up on his bed, looking so incredibly peaceful and content (and thankful to Mark for giving him a good run)
- A steady flow of work to keep me busy, even in this crazy economy
- My new sweatshirt with thumb holes, to keep my hands warm as I type
- David Letterman's "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches"
- Mark's yummy cardamom coffee in the mornings
- The roof over our head and the fact that we are no longer sleeping on Thermarests
- Sam and Susan, for taking in my ancient cat, Chester
- The fact that my ancient cat, Chester, is still alive (though I'm not sure Sam and Susan are that thankful about this one)
- Our good health (which is getting better every day)
- The ridiculous amount of good food we are going to eat with friends and family tomorrow
- Which leads me to the second-most important thing: All our incredible, supportive, fun, loving friends and family, near and far, Thanksgiving-celebrating or not!
- And at the top of my list (which I guess is actually the bottom of this list): My incredible, supportive, fun, loving, makes me giggle and smile, shows me so much of the world husband. I love you!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Now it's back to "real life" and living the final year of my 30s as healthily and happily as possible, so that when I hit the big 4-0 I'll be just a little better off. My goal is to get in some sort of exercise for the next 364 days (yesterday, Day 1, I went to the gym), even if it's just a 30-minute walk with Kai. Anyone else care to join me on this one? (I almost didn't write that second-to-last sentence, so that when I didn't meet my goal, no one would be the wiser. But now I am fully committed. Ack!)
Friday, November 7, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
After hunting everywhere for a pair of "authentic" go-go boots and some white polyester bell bottoms, I realized my old black boots (also used for pirate costumes) would work just fine and Mark's costume was great, even with his old blue jeans. [The pic does not show the stunning white leather loafers Mark was sporting.]
We seriously missed all our fellow Halloween revelers from Colorado. The party at Casa Nyland was great, but much more subdued than some of Halloween's past, with most of the excitement coming from the hoards of kids on major sugar highs running every which way. Followed by some serious sugar crashes, as evidenced by the comatose Batman on the couch: