Monday, June 14, 2010

So Far Behind

We are so very far behind in keeping this blog up to date. It has been a fun, hectic, busy, adventure-filled spring. But you certainly wouldn't know that, would you.

So here's the quick recap:

Trip 1: Rather than the freezing Lochsa River, we ended up in McCall, Idaho, at a friend's family's 5-bedroom "cabin." We floated down a mellow section of the Salmon, skied the last day at Brundage Mountain, eased our muscles in the hot tub overlooking the Payette River, ate a ridiculous amount of wonderful home-cooked food, and then wound up the whole weekend with a trip down the south fork of the Payette River, upon which Mark expertly guided us through some rocking and rolling class 3 rapids.

For the next two weekends we installed a sprinkler system, with the great, generous help of Heather, her Dad, and Simo.

Trip 2: We got together with a group of friends and headed to the Snake River, on the border of Idaho and Oregon. It was a wonderful trip, like no other, down Hells Canyon (mainly class 3 of a huge, huge river through North America's deepest river gorge). The days were spent on the river, and the nights were spent relaxing in a river hot tub that could easily seat 15. Not exactly the definition of roughing it!

Trip 3: For Memorial Day, we trekked back up through McCall and beyond, to the wondrous Burgdorf Hot Springs. I can't even begin to describe how relaxing this weekend was. More fantastic food and friends, all interspersed between trips to the natural hot springs that overlooked the surrounding mountains. Peace.Ful.

Trip 4: Mark's folks arrived a few days after the Burgdorf trip. We spent a few days showing them around Boise before heading off on a 10-day roadtrip through the northwest. We stopped in Sun River and Portland, Oregon; Seattle and Ritzville, Washington; and McCall. There was much eating of good food, shopping in all sorts of different shops, exploring of city nooks and crannies, and even the occasional hike into the wilderness. It was a fantastic time!

And now we are back home. My computer is just about out of juice tonight, and most of the photos from the various adventures are on Mark's computer. So, tomorrow, when the computer is all recharged, I will add photos for your viewing pleasure. Stay tuned!!

No comments: